Saturday, March 26, 2011

Day 4 - Hiking with little sis. - March 26, 2011

Hiking up in Harriman again.  Beautiful day, somewhere in the high 20s when we started hiking.  Hit AWFUL traffic trying to take the deegan out of the city.  It was closed, why the hell does the city actually close entire roads?  unbelievable...  We did the same hike as I did last week.  It was a good training hike and i'm curious if all of this training is doing anything.

Distance: ~ 6 miles
# of times we got lost: 2 (Yes, it's more than last time, hush.)
Additional weight in the pack: added about a gallon of water, I think the pack is around 25 or 30 pounds at this point.  Will be up to 50 within a few weeks in theory.

Layla took a ton of photos on the hike which i'll post as soon as I get them.  The landscape was kind of perfectly barren, the recent snow added to the wasteland'esque aspect.  This time I didn't climb after hiking, learned from my last attempt.  Climbing will be tomorrow.

Overall, this hike was much easier than last time.  I think that a large part of that was having a friend along, but in theory I might actually be getting back in shape.

1 comment: