Sunday, April 3, 2011

Day 8 - April 3, 2011 - New Hike in Harriman san Sister

A moment of tranquility brought to you by me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pdIINeuNhcA&feature=youtube_gdata_player

So, I skipped days 6 and 7, climbing indoors, not much to tell.

The title of this hike comes from my flaky sister bailing on me at the last second.  Slacker.  Personally I think she feared the distance increase.

For day 8, it was an 8 mile hike, I think it was more like 9, in Harriman starting from a new spot.  It's amazing what happens when you go just a bit further into the park than the first parking lot.  I saw 1 hiker the entire hike.  Beautiful area, the blight that seems to have affected all of the pine trees in the earlier hiking area wasn't affecting them today, much nicer and alot less bleak looking.

A few stats from today.

# of chipmunks I mistook for a bear: 0 (who mistakes a chipmunk for a bear?  sheesh)
# of chipmunks that scared the bejeezuses out of me... : 1

Just about the same pack weight as last time, I think it's time to increase.  And I think I am going to add an in-city session of heavy pack walking, maybe I'll just carry all of my books with me to work and then get off of the subway a few stops early.  Seems odd but it's on the list of training regimen they sent me.

No comments:

Post a Comment