Thursday, May 19, 2011

T-minus 10 days and counting...

Apologies for dropping off the face of the training blog earth.  To be honest, I decided to stop because the number of injuries I had was going to turn this blog into a whine blog instead of a mountain man blog.

Well, that's more or less behind me.  Yvonne the physical therapist is almost literally a miracle worker and through the wonder of hard work, I seem to be in good shape for this trip.  A few highlights of the last month.

Hiking has reached a whole new level as I have started hiking and training with a full pack...  That's 50 lb on the back for 8 miles or so.  Plus one workout during the week in-town.  Quite an image, me trecking around Brooklyn with a huge backpack on.  I couldn't get it to be heavy enough so I have to add a dumbbell.

10 days until I start the first program.

6 days on the mountain

1 day of rest

12 days out for the second program.

Will update again before I leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment