Saturday, May 28, 2011

The adventure begins

So folks, I write this from Seattle airport waiting for my connecting flight up to Bellingham, WA.  Did my last full pack workout one week ago today, been resting the past week.  Have to be honest, I feel worse resting than being active, well, that won't be an issue for the next few weeks...

The group I am going with will pick me up at some un-Godly hour tomorrow, I think 6:30 a.m. from the classy Best Western hotel so the instructor/guide can vet if we have the correct gear with us.  We'll re-pack and then make the very long hike up to base camp and my new home for the next 5 days on Mount Baker.  This is going to be the longest time I've ever spent in a tent, let alone spent in a tent on snow... 

I'll make another post and hopefully post some pictures in 6 days when I get back from the first section.

Wish me luck folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment